Wednesday 13 August 2014

Composition 1: Unity 3D

Unfortunately I have lost all of my unity files and iteration work. And now that the Unity file in the student shared file has corrupted I have no idea how to even go about creating it again to try and replicate what I have. I only have this video because I uploaded it to Youtube before everything crashed and I lost it all. 

I have made this composition by creating multiple clones of cubes and then adding the soap bubble material to each of them. I then experimented with the editing the scripts / code in Text Wrangler as well as the components in Unity. In the end I produced this dynamic rainbow inspired light show that the player could walk through. I used the midnight skybox renderer to blacken out the sky and I did the same for the terrain so that the lights were the main and only element in the environment. I chose to make the lights come out of the terrain to create the sense of being revealed to the user - unfortunately the one video I did get does not do this composition justice. 

I am really guttered that I have lost everything I have done in Unity I just hope that my mark doesn't suffer too much for it..


No comments:

Post a Comment