Wednesday 17 September 2014

Parametric Design Precedents

So I have decided on the format I will be presenting my work in at the end of this assignment. I have decided that I will be creating a 3D object, most likely being produced by one of the 3D printers in Massey's FabLab. I have always been fascinated in fluid forms as I feel that they evoke a lot more emotion within the viewer than something that isn't fluid. Therefore with this in mind, I have decided to try and structure this assignment around the idea of designing compositions that are have very fluid forms and thus would create a very interesting and beautiful 3D object.

I have begun to look at precedent work that I feel focuses in on the fluidity of the parametric forms to create very stunning designs. At this stage in my precedent work, I have mostly focused on architectural based designs due to a lack of time, however in the next following days I will expand on this and begin to look at furniture and other potential three dimensional applications for my designs.





Harbin Cultural Center:







Heydar Aliyev Center:





Soumaya Museum:


No comments:

Post a Comment