Wednesday 23 July 2014

Composition 3: Processing

The coding programme that we have learnt this week is called Processing. This programme is a bit different than Three.js playGnd that we learnt last week. Instead of having an augmented interface in which the coder can see what is happening in real time, Processing the coder has to code and then test. The potential for Processing is much greater in the fact that the animation and interaction side is not limited to the basic 'snippets' like Three.js playGnd. This however means that the interface of Processing is a little bit more complex.

My third experiment and respective design process using the programme Processing is as follows:


So again I have begun with getting the setup code from Tim and added it into Processing.
I have then changed the size of the canvas and the background colour of the canvas to my liking - 1000x500 pixels with a black background.
I have then added the ellipse function in the centre of my canvas with a width and height of 300x300. I have lost the printscreen after this one in which I have changed the code from having a set radius of 500x250 pixels to follow mouseX and mouseY to determine its shape. The following are screenshots of my animation in action..













No comments:

Post a Comment